12.30.2012

Looking at the Positives

Wow. Where has 2012 gone? There were times when the year seemed to drag by (mostly the l8 weeks prior to December 6th) and times when it just flew by. After spending some time with family and new friends over the Christmas holiday and catching up with old friends recently, I realized that I am in a MUCH better place than I was even 6 months ago.

Mom is doing well. She is still doing her chemo and hanging in there. She has had a roadblock, but never a set back. She remains positive through everything and I am so proud to call her my mother! She inspires me with her strength and attitude through this entire cancer ordeal. Yes, it has been hard and I have struggled every day to remain strong for my mother. My family and my friends have helped me through all of this and for that I am eternally grateful! I honestly don't know what I would have done if I didn't have these amazing people in my life.

I graduated with my Masters degree on December 15th!! Holla! I am so glad! There were times when I didn't know if I could keep going and finish. The last 18 weeks were Hell. And even that is putting it lightly. I won't get into specifics, just know that it was hard. Definitely a test for me. But, I am not a quitter and I wanted to finish so badly that I just kept pushing through. When I walked across that stage and sat back down, all I wanted to do was just breathe. It was done. It was over. It was final and I had my degree.



No comments:

Post a Comment