On July 16th, 2010 my baby, Sera, was put to sleep. I hate the word euthanized. It sounds extremely cold. She was ill and I do miss her. I do get a little choked up talking about her sometimes, but I know that she's with my grandpa running through beautiful kelly green fields. Last year was hard b/c it was the first year without my best friend. She's buried in the backyard with her friend Annie alongside her. I go and sit and think at the top of the hill on occasion. I still place flowers there. I have some plans to make it pretty up there with flowers and stepping stones.
Today, my mother had her hysterectomy surgery. I spoke with my dad while I was at work. He said that she was in recovery at the time. She was doing well and the doctor said the surgery was extensive, but that he got 95% of the cancer removed. She starts chemotherapy in 3 weeks for the next 5 months. It is hard b/c I wish I could be there to help my parents, but I can't afford to go due to work, class, etc. I spoke with him this evening and he said she was doing well after the surgery and was resting. She had to wait a few hours for a room to be moved out of recovery, but that typically happens in a larger hospital. Things happen and people don't get released on time and that puts cleaning the rooms behind schedule and then moving people from recovery or the ed are behind.

No comments:
Post a Comment