4.15.2012

Birthday!

My birthday was in the last couple of days. While I would normally have probably had an issue with turning 32, I can't say that I did this year. I actually had a very good birthday considering the entire having to work and having class on my birthday. My coworkers decorated my little cubby area with butterflies and balloons! I even got a crown and a wand! And yes, I totally rocked the crown all day long! I got a cake with daffodils and an almond bee! It was super cute!

I got a card and some little presents from them too! It's been several years since I have gotten anything like that. My previous office never did that for me. It was nice. Then, I got to class and one of my group members for my program had made this chocolate cake that was super yummy! :) Needless to say, I am completely caked out! I had lots of friends on facebook and several of my close friends text me and tell me happy birthday. A couple of those texts that I received were a shock to me...a nice shock. So, even that made my day that much brighter!

As of this last week, I am also 2/3 of the way through my masters degree. I only have 1 semester left and will be done in December!! I am super excited! I am a tad burned out at this point. So, I am glad that I am on a 2 week break before classes start again! I have so much to get done around the house too. There are some things I want to do so that I don't feel like I am living on top of granny's things, but I have to wait until Nick moves out. He is staying in one of the spare rooms for the time being until his apartment is done, and the other spare room is stuffed full of granny's things. I want to get my computer desk in the actual spare room, so I am going to move some things around and then move the desk out of the other room and move the bookcases into the storage room spare room. This way I can close that door and not worry about the things. But, since Nick is in there, I can't do that until he moves out. I am hoping to get it done before classes start again.

Then, at the end of May, I leave for Hawaii!! WHOOT! I am so excited! It is time for me to really get away and I am really looking forward to it. I haven't taken a vacation in I don't know how long! I've got a couple of trips coming up in the next year too. Nix asked me to go to Louisiana with her and Melissa this September. I am hoping I can get a couple of days off to go. Then AOII Convention is in Chicago next June. I'm going to go and also look at some job opportunities and such while I am there. Then, my cousin Annie recently became engaged, so if she gets married next year I will be headed to San Diego. While I am there I want to go up to San Francisco to see my friend Leya.

I'm still at that point where I don't know where I want to be or what I want to do. I have realized recently though, that I no longer want unhappy, vindictive people in my life. So, if you are currently in my life and find yourself in the future to not be in my life...reevaluate yourself. I know that people have a  bad day and sometimes a bad week, but when you blatantly try to pull other people down on a daily basis, then it is time for me to put my foot down on it. I do not have to put up with it. I am trying to be a more positive person and put my life in order, and having people that consistently try to pull me down is not helping me become a more positive person. If you're life is so pathetic and has you so down, take a look around and make some changes! Don't try to bring everyone else down! It is probably your own fault that you are there or that you stay there.

 





1 comment:

  1. I was super happy to see my sissy-bug had a fantastic birthday! Thanks for delivering cake to me! I feel special now! I know how difficult it has been for you over the past couple years and I am so glad to see how much improvement you have made! You go girl! Life is lookin' up for you!

    ReplyDelete