9.13.2014

Wake Up & Live: Happiness Day 2

The weather today definitely matches my mood. Cloudy and rainy. I would say cold, but the cold I am acclimated to is about 40 degrees cooler than the current 71. I've been working in my mom's back flower bed the last 2 weeks. I still have a section right in the middle and then the section that wraps around to the side of the house left. But, in the midst of all of this are the plants my grandmother and my mom have planted over the years. In the spring crocus, narcissus, daffodils, iris, lily of the valley, roses, and monkey grass all bloom. My grandmother planted all of that in addition to hostas that have bloomed for the first time in a very long time. She also planted peonies, and there is a rhododendron on the side of the house that I am wanting to grow back (my father chopped it down). Mom has planted day lilies and gladiolus in there this past summer. One of her gladiolus plants is blooming. It's a beautiful sunny yellow. Seeing that makes me smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment