What better way to kick off my year of happiness than by a picture.
When I see pictures like this, it makes my heart smile. This was taken several years ago at home in Casper, Wyoming. My mom had been making my niece, Britches, some britches. I'm not sure why I have them on my head or why my pony tail is through the leg. I can only guess. (I used to do pageants when we lived in Tennessee and she would put my hair in sponge rollers and put a pair of underwear designated to be the sponge roller underwear on my head. Yes. Yes she did. Unused underwear---geez, weirdos. It kept the curlers from falling out while I slept.) But, my mom in the background giving me bunny ears shows our dynamic. While my mom became my mentor and parent, she was also my best friend and someone I could be silly with.

No comments:
Post a Comment