Growing up, my life consisted of school and figure skating. I was a competitive figure skater for years. Unfortunately, I got tired of competing and wanted to go off to college out of state. So, I did. After graduation, I moved back in with my parents for a couple of years and coached beginners how to ice skate. Since I have moved to Tennessee, I don't get to go ice skating nearly as much as I like to. Bristol Motor Speedway has an outdoor ice rink that they set up in November until mid January. I try to go with my family and friends when I can. As an advisor for the Alpha Omicron Pi chapter at Appalachian State University, sometimes we got to participate in sisterhood events. One year they went ice skating at an outdoor rink at Ski Appalachian. I took my sister (another advisor) and my niece along. The first picture below is of my niece with several of the actives standing nearby. She latched on to the one in the black jacket (Hillary) that evening. The second picture is of me, my niece, and her brother (my oldest nephew) ice skating the following year at Bristol. Ice skating has always been my outlet for stress and a bad mood. I miss it, but it is something that has always made me happy.



No comments:
Post a Comment